Video - Product Overview
Video - Product Installation
ULTRA DRAIN’s patented drainage slots allow water to flow down the drainage plane and out through the bottom of the wall. When water or moisture remains in the wall cavity is when damage, mold and rotting can occur.
Large slots drain & ventilate the wall at cladding transitions, roof pitches, and still stones.
- A drainage trough accommodates rain screen and drainage mats up to 10mm.
- Patented rain screen termination with drainage slots prevent cracking at bottom of wall.
- Dedicated 7/8” ground provides consistent stucco and mortar thickness.
- Attachment holes located every 4” to nail at studs on 16” centers.
- Available in white, tan, and gray.
Creating a fully vented/drainable midwall by combining Ultra Drain and Amiflow Drip edge
Learn More About The HydroDry System
MAKE SURE WATER DRAINS AND VENTS FROM YOUR WALL CAVITY
BEFORE DAMAGE OCCURS!
MOISTURE IN THE WALL CAVITY
A GROWING PROBLEM FOR NEW HOME BUILDERS
In recent years the building industry has seen an increase in moisture problems as it relates to the exterior cladding of newly built homes. These issues are affecting all types cladding including stucco, veneer stone and fiber cement. Our research shows that there are a few main factors that are impacting this sudden increase in moisture intrusion, some of these include the following:
- Recent code changes and products designed to seal the house and improve energy efficiency have caused moisture to accumulate and become trapped between the OSB and exterior cladding
- Upgraded insulation, combined with house wraps fail to allow air to pass through the wall cavity allowing moisture to dry as it has in the past
- Extreme temperature differentials between the inside and outside of the building causes moisture to accumulate in the wall cavity
- Water that is not released and remains inside the wall cavity will eventually permeate the OSB, studs and drywall causing mold, mildew and rotting problems
HYDRODRY is a unique self draining, vented wall system that works by creating a defined drainage and ventilation cavity behind stucco, veneer stone and various other exterior claddings. A series of unique profiles allow water to drain from within the wall cavity. The remaining water vapor is then allowed to evaporate and escape through a vent system located at the top of the wall.
Other solutions on the market can allow water to flow down the wall but they fail to provide an adequate escape from the bottom of the wall. AMICO’s patented profile system allows water to freely drain from the bottom while a top vent allows vapor to escape from the top of the wall.
If you are looking for a cost effective way to combat water absorption in new construction and remediation then we can help. We would embrace the opportunity to sit down with your team and demonstrate to you the HYDRODRY system.