E-Z Vent™ is a vinyl HI-PERFORMANCE trim that allows the top of a wall to properly vent and release unwanted water vapor from within the wall cavity through a series of venting slots. AMICO’s exclusive diverter design prevents water or driving rain from entering the wall cavity. A unique co-extruded caulking surface with bond breaker tape allows for clean uniform joints that won’t fail over time due to joint stress. The bond breaker tape releases to allow for two point contact which prevents caulk joint failure. An integrated ground provides a guide to allow for the proper stucco thickness.
TOP OF WALL – VENTILATES AND DRIES!
- A high performance casing bead, when used in conjunction with rain screen allows vapor release and ventilation through the top of wall.
- A 7/8” ground ensures the proper thickness of stucco is achieved.
- Concealed vent slots provide proper ventilation while preventing water from entering the wall cavity.
- A built in flexible caulking bead is simple to caulk, and bond breaker tape prevents caulk joint failure.
MAKE SURE WATER DRAINS AND VENTS FROM YOUR WALL CAVITY
BEFORE DAMAGE OCCURS!
MOISTURE IN THE WALL CAVITY
A GROWING PROBLEM FOR NEW HOME BUILDERS
In recent years the building industry has seen an increase in moisture problems as it relates to the exterior cladding of newly built homes. These issues are affecting all types cladding including stucco, veneer stone and fiber cement. Our research shows that there are a few main factors that are impacting this sudden increase in moisture intrusion, some of these include the following:
- Recent code changes and products designed to seal the house and improve energy efficiency have caused moisture to accumulate and become trapped between the OSB and exterior cladding
- Upgraded insulation, combined with house wraps fail to allow air to pass through the wall cavity allowing moisture to dry as it has in the past
- Extreme temperature differentials between the inside and outside of the building causes moisture to accumulate in the wall cavity
- Water that is not released and remains inside the wall cavity will eventually permeate the OSB, studs and drywall causing mold, mildew and rotting problems
HYDRODRY® is a unique self draining, vented wall system that works by creating a defined drainage and ventilation cavity behind stucco, veneer stone and various other exterior claddings. A series of unique profiles allow water to drain from within the wall cavity. The remaining water vapor is then allowed to evaporate and escape through a vent system located at the top of the wall.
Other solutions on the market can allow water to flow down the wall but they fail to provide an adequate escape from the bottom of the wall. AMICO’s patented profile system allows water to freely drain from the bottom while a top vent allows vapor to escape from the top of the wall.
If you are looking for a cost effective way to combat water absorption in new construction and remediation then we can help. We would embrace the opportunity to sit down with your team and demonstrate to you the HYDRODRY® system.