Damage from moisture occurs when surfaces aren’t allowed to dry out. Long periods of exposure to moisture causes microbial growth and rot within the exterior wall cavity. The AMIFLOW Drain Screed is specifically designed to allow moisture to escape the wall cavity and promote the drying out process. The patented design features drainage slots at the back edge of a sloped drainage trough, ensuring where moisture occurs there, it finds it’s way out of the wall cavity. In addition, the AMIFLOW Drain Screed features two additional drainage surfaces to deal with driving rain run off. Drain screed’s patented slots allows water to flow down the drainage plain and out through the bottom of the wall.
- Large slots drain & ventilate the bottom of the wall.
- A drain trough accommodates rain screen thicknesses up to 10MM – insuring the proper 7/8”thickness throughout.
- Rain screen termination with drainage slots prevents cracking at bottom of wall
- Integrated drip edges divert and flow water.
- Attachment holes located every 4” to nail at studs on 16” centers.
- Designed to accommodate the termination and drainage of various types of cladding – veneer stone, stucco & fiber cement siding.
MAKE SURE WATER DRAINS AND VENTS FROM YOUR WALL CAVITY
BEFORE DAMAGE OCCURS!
MOISTURE IN THE WALL CAVITY
A GROWING PROBLEM FOR NEW HOME BUILDERS
In recent years the building industry has seen an increase in moisture problems as it relates to the exterior cladding of newly built homes. These issues are affecting all types cladding including stucco, veneer stone and fiber cement. Our research shows that there are a few main factors that are impacting this sudden increase in moisture intrusion, some of these include the following:
- Recent code changes and products designed to seal the house and improve energy efficiency have caused moisture to accumulate and become trapped between the OSB and exterior cladding
- Upgraded insulation, combined with house wraps fail to allow air to pass through the wall cavity allowing moisture to dry as it has in the past
- Extreme temperature differentials between the inside and outside of the building causes moisture to accumulate in the wall cavity
- Water that is not released and remains inside the wall cavity will eventually permeate the OSB, studs and drywall causing mold, mildew and rotting problems
HYDRODRY® is a unique self draining, vented wall system that works by creating a defined drainage and ventilation cavity behind stucco, veneer stone and various other exterior claddings. A series of unique profiles allow water to drain from within the wall cavity. The remaining water vapor is then allowed to evaporate and escape through a vent system located at the top of the wall.
Other solutions on the market can allow water to flow down the wall but they fail to provide an adequate escape from the bottom of the wall. AMICO’s patented profile system allows water to freely drain from the bottom while a top vent allows vapor to escape from the top of the wall.
If you are looking for a cost effective way to combat water absorption in new construction and remediation then we can help. We would embrace the opportunity to sit down with your team and demonstrate to you the HYDRODRY® system.