The AMICO HYDRODRY® Moisture Control System
HYDRODRY® is a proprietary self-draining, ventilated wall moisture control system that works by creating a defined drainage and ventilation cavity behind veneer stone, stucco, fiber cement and various other exterior claddings.
HYDRODRY® allows your exterior walls to drain and breathe to help protect the structure and air quality of your home – A dry home is a healthy home.
See the HYDRODRY® system and how it works
CFD computer modeling computes water flow, vapor release and air flow – through the HYDRODRY® system
AMICO HYDRODRY®, a self-draining ventilated wall moisture control system for use behind masonry wood and shake siding, veneer stone, and stucco was awarded the 2020 “Green Innovation of the Year” by Green Builder Magazine.
The prestigious award was given as part of Green Builder’s “Home of the Year and Sustainability Awards” program – now in its 12th year – which spotlights individuals, projects and products that encourage sustainability and efficiency.
Ventilated Wall Installation Gallery
MAKE SURE WATER DRAINS AND VENTS FROM YOUR WALL CAVITY
BEFORE DAMAGE OCCURS!
Moisture Control in the Wall Cavity,
a Growing Problem for New Home Builders
In recent years the building industry has seen an increase in moisture control problems as it relates to the exterior cladding of newly built homes. These issues are affecting all types cladding including stucco, veneer stone and fiber cement. Our research shows that there are a few main factors that are impacting this sudden increase in moisture intrusion, some of these include the following:
- Recent code changes and products designed to seal the house and improve energy efficiency have caused moisture to accumulate and become trapped between the OSB and exterior cladding
- Upgraded insulation, combined with house wraps fail to allow air to pass through the wall cavity allowing moisture to dry as it has in the past
- Extreme temperature differentials between the inside and outside of the building cause moisture to accumulate in the wall cavity
- Water that is not released and remains inside the wall cavity will eventually permeate the OSB, studs, and drywall causing mold, mildew, and rotting problems
- Ventilated Wall Claddings, Ventilated Facade, Ventilated Facade System
AMICO’s Effective Solution
HYDRODRY® is a unique self draining, vented wall moisture control system that works by creating a defined drainage and ventilation cavity behind stucco, veneer stone and various other exterior claddings. A series of unique profiles allow water to drain from within the wall cavity. The remaining water vapor is then allowed to evaporate and escape through a vent system located at the top of the wall.
Other solutions on the market can allow water to flow down the wall but they fail to provide an adequate escape from the bottom of the wall. AMICO’s patented profile system allows water to freely drain from the bottom while a top vent allows vapor to escape from the top of the wall.
If you are looking for a cost effective way to combat water absorption in new construction and remediation then we can help. We would embrace the opportunity to sit down with your team and demonstrate to you the HYDRODRY® moisture control system.