E-Z Vent® Installation
AMIFLOW Mid Wall Installation
AMIFLOW and Drip Cap Installation
AMIFLOW Drain Screed Installation
Creating a fully vented/drainable midwall by combining Amiflow and Amiflow Drip edge
Installation of AMICO E-Z Vent®
- Install water resistive barrier (WRB) over the sheathing
- Install rain screen product over the top of the WRB
- Vapor vent should then be installed at top of wall over the rain screen
- Vapor Vent should be attached at studs on 16” centers
- Put up a section of vapor vent and insert connector to align and join the next section of vapor vent
- Apply cladding to manufacturers specifications just as you would with E-Z Bead® or standard casing bead
- When installing stucco use the built in ground to gauge the proper thickness of the stucco, be sure not to plug or fill vent slots with stucco
- Upon completion of installation apply a bead of approved caulk to the vertical caulking surface between the Vapor Vent and the adjacent surface. Once the caulk dries a bond breaker tape will release to prevent joint failure.
Installation of AMIFLOW Drain Screed
- Install Drain Screed at or below foundation plate Drain Screed
- Nail at studs on 16” centers
- Drain screed shall be installed no less than 4” above the earth or 2”above paved areas
- Water resistive barrier shall lap over the Drain screed
- Rain screen drainage plane shall be fully seated in the bottom of the Drain screed – For bug screen trim 1” of entangled mesh leaving a scrim flap – Lap scrim flap underneath mesh to cover slots
- Exterior lath shall terminate even with the horizontal ledge on the Drain Screed
- AMICO recommends the use of AMICO HYDRODRY® Rain Screen drainage mat to drain and ventilate the interior of the wall cavity
Learn More About The HYDRODRY® System
MAKE SURE WATER DRAINS AND VENTS FROM YOUR WALL CAVITY
BEFORE DAMAGE OCCURS!
MOISTURE IN THE WALL CAVITY
A GROWING PROBLEM FOR NEW HOME BUILDERS
In recent years the building industry has seen an increase in moisture problems as it relates to the exterior cladding of newly built homes. These issues are affecting all types cladding including stucco, veneer stone and fiber cement. Our research shows that there are a few main factors that are impacting this sudden increase in moisture intrusion, some of these include the following:
- Recent code changes and products designed to seal the house and improve energy efficiency have caused moisture to accumulate and become trapped between the OSB and exterior cladding
- Upgraded insulation, combined with house wraps fail to allow air to pass through the wall cavity allowing moisture to dry as it has in the past
- Extreme temperature differentials between the inside and outside of the building causes moisture to accumulate in the wall cavity
- Water that is not released and remains inside the wall cavity will eventually permeate the OSB, studs and drywall causing mold, mildew and rotting problems
HYDRODRY® is a unique self draining, vented wall system that works by creating a defined drainage and ventilation cavity behind stucco, veneer stone and various other exterior claddings. A series of unique profiles allow water to drain from within the wall cavity. The remaining water vapor is then allowed to evaporate and escape through a vent system located at the top of the wall.
Other solutions on the market can allow water to flow down the wall but they fail to provide an adequate escape from the bottom of the wall. AMICO’s patented profile system allows water to freely drain from the bottom while a top vent allows vapor to escape from the top of the wall.
If you are looking for a cost effective way to combat water absorption in new construction and remediation then we can help. We would embrace the opportunity to sit down with your team and demonstrate to you the HYDRODRY® system.